Housatonic Valley Health District works with community organizations to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19. This includes providing educational materials and recommendations.
UPDATE: September 13, 2023
- CDC recommends the 2023–2024 updated COVID-19 vaccines.
- Everyone aged 5 years and older should get 1 dose of the updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine to protect against serious illness from COVID-19.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may get additional doses of updated COVID-19 vaccine.
- Children aged 6 months–4 years need multiple doses of COVID-19 vaccines to be up to date, including at least 1 dose of updated COVID-19 vaccine.
- COVID-19 vaccine recommendations will be updated as needed.
Visit CDC’s COVID-19 “Stay Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccines” webpage to learn more
UPDATE: May 11, 2023, marks the end of the federal COVID-19 PHE declaration. After this date, CDC’s authorizations to collect certain types of public health data will expire.
The United States has mobilized and sustained a historic response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a nation, we now find ourselves at a different point in the pandemic – with more tools and resources than ever before to better protect ourselves and our communities.
Visit CDC COVID-19 webpage to learn more.
Check your Covid-19 Hospital Admission Level
Take action to protect yourself and others in your area from COVID-19.
Quarantine & Isolation Calculator
The CDC Quarantine and Isolation Calculator is a tool to help determine how long you need to isolate, quarantine, or take other steps to prevent spreading COVID-19.
COVID-19 Variant Surveillance
The National SARS-CoV-2 Genomic Surveillance System sequences and analyzes clinical specimens submitted every week to identify which variants are most prevalent at the national, regional, and state levels.
COVID-19: The Basics:
- COVID-19 Info – CDC
- CDC COVID Data Tracker
- CDC National Emergency Department Visits for COVID-19, Influenza, and Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- CDC COVID Data Tracker – Hospitalizations
- Steps to Prevent Illness in Yourself and Others
- How COVID-19 Spreads
- Symptoms of COVID-19
What to do if you become sick:
Connecticut’s COVID-19 Info:
Updated: September 19, 2023
Meet your HVHD Immunization Program Supervisor.
Community Health Nursing Supervisor