Housatonic Valley Health Districts provides Influenza Vaccines “flu shot” to eligible children and residents in the community. Anyone 6 months of age and older are advised to receive the flu shot for protection against developing the flu. Different Flu shots are available based upon the needs of a patient and while supplies last.
The Housatonic Valley Health Districts offers flu vaccinations for persons 6 months and older. Clinics are held at various locations, including weekly clinics at the Health District office. All vaccinations are administered by experienced, licensed nurses.
Please note that due to COVID-19, our flu shot clinics are by appointment only in order to reduce crowding. CDC and State COVID-19 guidelines will be followed. Masks are required, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status. If you do not have one, HVHD will provide one for you. If you are ill, please reschedule your appointment.
Flu Shot Clinic Appointments
Many clinics are being offered with phone-in appointments. See this Flu Clinic Schedule for details. Each listed clinic has information about how to schedule an appointment. Clinics held at the schools for staff and students/families will be made using our online scheduling system. See below for schedule and appointment information.
Save Time! Bring pre-filled forms to the clinic. Download the Flu Vaccine Consent Form and complete it prior to the clinic. All children 18 years and younger must also have the CT Vaccine Program Eligibility form. They are fillable forms. Also, bring copies of your insurance card(s).
Policy for Administering Flu Vaccine When Children Accompanied by Persons Other Than Parents: The Pomperaug District Department of Health will not administer flu vaccine to children under the age of 18 unless they are accompanied by a parent/legal guardian or a caregiver. If the child is accompanied by the caregiver, the following permission letter must be presented at the clinic.
We encourage residents to stay home if you feel sick, cover your mouth and nose when sneezing, properly dispose of used tissues and wash hands frequently to help prevent the spread of serious respiratory illnesses.
Clinics at the Housatonic Valley Health Districts Department Office:
For persons 6 months and older
Call HVHD Office for an appointment: 203-264-9616, ext. 0
- Saturday • 9/25/2021 • 1:30 – 3:30 PM
- Every Monday • 9/27/2021 – 10/25/2021 (except 10/11/2021) • 3:00 – 5:30 PM
- Every Thursday • 9/30/2021 – 10/28/2021 • 3:00 – 5:30 PM
Clinics at local schools for students and families:
For persons 6 months and older
Make an appointment with the HVHD Online Scheduler. Call-in appointments for these clinics are not available.
- Rochambeau Middle School • Tuesday • 10/26/2021 • 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Oxford Center School (the old school) • Wednesday • 11/3/2021 • 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Woodbury Middle School • Tuesday • 11/9/2021 • 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Pomperaug High School * Tuesday • 11/16/2021 • 3:30 – 5:00 PM
Clinics Exclusively for Seniors:
See appointment information listed with each clinic
- Oxford Senior Center • Tuesday • 10/12/2021 • 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM • Appointments: 203-881-5231, Option 0
- Oxford Greens – Residents Only – appointments through Oxford Greens
- Woodbury Senior Center • Friday • 10/15/2021 • 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM • Appointments: 203-263-2828
- Heritage Village – Residents Only • Appointments through HV online system or call 203-264-9644, Option 0
- Southbury Senior Center • Wednesday • 10/27/2021 • 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM • Appointments: 203-264-9616, Ext. 0
The following flu vaccines are offered at our clinics for the 2021-22 flu season:
- Quadrivalent Shot: for persons 6 months and older
- FluMist Quadrivalent Nasal Spray Vaccine: for healthy children 2 – 18 years old
- High Dose Quadrivalent Shot: for persons 65 years and older
- Flublok Quadrivalent: for persons 18 years and older; not made with eggs; suitable for persons with egg allergies
The 2021-22 fees for the vaccines are as follows: quadrivalent injectable flu vaccine $30; FluMist vaccine $30; high dose flu vaccine $65; Flublok $65.
The following insurances are accepted (must be your primary insurance) and cards must presented at the clinic for *each person.*
- Medicare (Part B)
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Oxford UnitedHealthcare
Save time at the clinic by bringing copies of your card(s) to attach to your consent form.
See the latest news and information from HVHD
Visit our updates page for helpful articles, resources, and guides.
The latest news and information from HVHD. For Immediate Release: Housatonic Valley MRC (HVMRC) is the recipient of a 2022 Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) Operational Readiness Award
Housatonic Valley MRC Awarded a $10,000 Medical Reserve Corps Operational Readiness Award by the National Association of County and City Health Officials
The latest news and information from HVHD.
For Immediate Release: Housatonic Valley MRC (HVMRC) is the recipient of a 2022 Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) Operational Readiness Award